In the month of June CITW had approved and support two Eco-Club visits to Liwonde National Park -Ntangayi Eco-Club – Machinga North West and Kafulafula Eco-Club – Balaka East. The trip for Ntangayi School was successfully done while that of Kafulafula was postponed to July due to lack of free space at Mvuu Environmental Education (EE) Center.
Twenty Eco-Club members and four teachers went on the trip. The participants had time to learn about:
- Natural environment set-up (In the Park)
- Mvuu Camp and Eco-Tourism business
- The value of the Park towards rural development-in communities around the Park
- Causes of people and wildlife conflicts
- The role of Eco-Clubs in the protection and conservation of Liwonde National Park