For the last 35 years – even when we started out in 1983 with just one old Land Rover – there has always been one overriding purpose to Wilderness Safaris’ ecotourism activities: to conserve and restore Africa’s wilderness and wildlife.
This is something enshrined in our internal charter and vision statement and which undoubtedly beats in the heart of every single Wilderness Safaris employee.
So … what better way to celebrate our 35th birthday than to indulge in 12 months of adventurous and impactful journeys to exciting destinations, accompanied by local experts and with unique, privileged behind-the-scenes access to conservation and community processes of Wilderness Safaris and our partners.
We considered the places we’d choose to be, when we’d choose to be there and with whom we would travel and came up with 12 itineraries with limited guest capacity that take in some truly spectacular destinations. The trips are fun, enlightening expeditions to interesting places that make a real difference to those same interesting places. All proceeds will of course be channelled back to the conservation and community projects that we’ll be exposed to.
In our Purpose Itinerary #8 we invite you to join one of Children in the Wilderness’ renowned annual camp programmes – something never before open to the public. All funds raised from this itinerary are directly channelled into Children in the Wilderness. For more information on this Purpose Itinerary, please contact Series@wilderness.co.za
The costs and details are as follows. View the Programme here.
USD 3235 per person sharing
- 15 Dec 2018: Fly into Hwange & meet the children as they come into camp, participate in a teambuilding activity & other games, end the day off with “burning the fears” and a story around the campfire. Overnight at Davison’s Camp on a fully inclusive basis.
- 16 Dec 2018: participate in a full-day programme including life skills, environmental education, teambuilding, arts and games. Overnight at Davison’s Camp on a fully inclusive basis.
- 17 Dec 2018: Take part in a full-day programme. Overnight at Davison’s Camp on a fully inclusive basis.
- 18 Dec 2018: Say farewell to the children and fly out to Victoria Falls Airport.
- Scheduled flights from/to Victoria Falls Airport with Wilderness Air Zimbabwe.
- 3 nights’ accommodation at Davison’s Camp on a fully inclusive basis.
- International long-haul flights to and from Victoria Falls.
- Meals not specified.
- Premier drinks.
- Items of a personal nature i.e. telephone calls, laundry, mini-bar etc.
- Cancellation, baggage and medical insurance.
- Staff gratuities.
- Any new government taxes, levies, fuel or industry increases which are beyond our control.
- Visa fees – where relevant.
- Departure taxes, unless specified.
Ts and Cs apply.
For more information on this Purpose Itinerary, please see below, and contact Series@wilderness.co.za